What Kind of Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MeiLing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know this questions seems like it belongs more in the equipment forums, but I am not really getting the answers I want there. In fact, I am not getting any answers at all.

I am a rec diver currently using ScubaPro gorillas which are likely not long for this world. They are kick-ass fins but have been discontinued. I know the Seal Teams here at Pearl Harbor used to purchase a lot of them from the store I used to dive out of - now out business due to owner's retirement.

My question is: What do you all use? Do you get a lot of power from them? Do you use the same fins when you dive recreationally? Why or why not?

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited:
I use Scubapro Jet fins.

For me, they are stiff enough to perform all the various kicks, helicopter turns, and the like. I also find I have better control with them as well. I am more comfortable with fine movement and such.

I dive with them in all situations so far, from rec to tec...except warm water diving because I haven't done any of that yet.

**edit: I just realized what forum this is in, so I'll shut up and let the professionals chime in!**

I am not a PSD diver myself but posted this here because I want to find out what they are using.

I think the Jets are what I will be going with next, but wanted to hear from a bunch of folks who likely need a kick-ass pair of fins to get the job done!

Back
Top Bottom