What kind of cutting tool do you have and where do you mount it?

How do you mount your cutting tools? What kind and where?

• On wrist

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • On dive computer

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • on waist belt

Votes: 68 47.6%
  • on shoulder strap

Votes: 46 32.2%
  • in pocket

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knife or shears (depending on dive environment) on waist belt, and Eezycut Trilobite on wrist computer strap.

I voted on my computer, but it's a bit more complicated.

I have a Benchmade 7 safety cutter on my Petrel. I also have one on my wrist slate. I always have both, so I always have one on each wrist.

My backmount rigs have a DIR style knife/shears pocket that I use to hold my long hose.

My butt pouch and/or pockets may have shears and BFK depending on where I am and what I'm doing, but for 99% of my diving, it's just the Benchmades and the hose holder bit

Can only vote for one position? OK, strap on my DC. Linecutter.

The other is a set of EMT shears velcroed to my chest strap at the "Pledge of Allegiance" position.

Knives are fun, but never really needed one...
Cutting Tools.jpg

I'm glad lowiz put the picture up. I have struggled with this as to how to secure it without the risk of losing it if my trim is poor.

I have a knife on my waist belt, a trilobyte on my left shoulder strap, and shears in a pocket on the right side of my dive shorts.

Trilobyte on my wrist computer strap. I also have an Ocean Quest Folding Titanium Dive Knife with Sheath that I thread my BP/W waist strap through. Love my Trilobyte for cutting kelp, when needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom