What is your take on Aqua Lung Phazer fin ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake 10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I would like your opinion on the Aqua Lung Phazer fin. I understand they are on the heavy side if you consider travelling. I also know they are well built. But what about their performance in the water? Thank you

Looks fine, but expensive for what they are.

Looks fine, but expensive for what they are.
looks like big margins. Cost around $11.00 to make or less. Looks like our bungee strap idea has caught on.

Price: I did some research and was able to find them at $97 in UK, from SimplyScuba
Performance: I am still looking for reports or reviews on their performance under water.

I would like your opinion on the Aqua Lung Phazer fin. I understand they are on the heavy side if you consider travelling. I also know they are well built. But what about their performance in the water? Thank you

My. husband and I both have the Phazer fins. They are quite long and a bit heavy, but I don't find them overly heavy for travel. These fins are what we use for traveling since the only local diving we do is volunteering at the aquarium where we have to wear their gear.

As far as performance, it's one of the reasons why I really like the Phazer fins. Most of the time I like to go slow and take my time. You really barely have to move the fins if you want to move slowly. When you need to move faster or catch up with a group, a buddy, or the boat, the fins will really cut you through the water without much effort. I will note that I've adjusted my trim a bit due to the weight of the fins, moving a couple of pounds up towards the top of my tank. That could be a me issue though. My legs are fairly densely muscled and my chest is pretty buoyant, so with heavier fins I needed to adjust to stay more horizontal.

ETA: My husband doesn't need to adjust his trim at all, so that will obviously depend on your physical makeup and gear configuration.

My. husband and I both have the Phazer fins. They are quite long and a bit heavy, but I don't find them overly heavy for travel. These fins are what we use for traveling since the only local diving we do is volunteering at the aquarium where we have to wear their gear.

As far as performance, it's one of the reasons why I really like the Phazer fins. Most of the time I like to go slow and take my time. You really barely have to move the fins if you want to move slowly. When you need to move faster or catch up with a group, a buddy, or the boat, the fins will really cut you through the water without much effort. I will note that I've adjusted my trim a bit due to the weight of the fins, moving a couple of pounds up towards the top of my tank. That could be a me issue though. My legs are fairly densely muscled and my chest is pretty buoyant, so with heavier fins I needed to adjust to stay more horizontal.

ETA: My husband doesn't need to adjust his trim at all, so that will obviously depend on your physical makeup and gear configuration.

Thank you for your input Diverlady. I am a macro lover and like you like to take my time and go slow. I also like the performance of cutting thru water without much effort. I'm seriously thinking of getting me a pair.

I purchased a pair in July of 2018. Used them for a week of diving in Cozumel, then did not use them again until earlier this month. The "handle" on the heel strap broke off. Probably not more than 20 dives total on them. I was not particularly impressed with their performance.

Looks a bit floppy to me, based on aqualung's images:
aqualung floppy fin.png

You won't get much propulsion from it, but if you've had knee surgery or something of that nature it may be just what you need.

I bought a pair and used them at a deep dive. Went through the interior of the Spiegel Grove while my son trails me. He said I never lift silk or disturbed the sediments. One kick and they propelled me thru with less effort. I like them, although they are heavy to carry.

My two new diver friends have them and love 'em.
But they haven't tried others.
I tried them and could feel good propulsion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom