What is this wrist seal config, TLS 350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

climbr1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Background,
Older TLS 350 suit looks like mil-surplus. I had it sent back for new apek's valves, test and knee pads. A year ago I had it sent back to have the full hood removed and new wrist seals put in. There were some plastic wrist rings that were in it initially and they were taken out and the new regular seals put in. DUI sent the rings back to me seperate but they dont seem to be of any need.
My question is what were the rings initially for? I have an extra flap of rubber now that I tried to capture in the pictures. The first one is the flap down and the second is the flap back. Can this flap be used for a full dry glove of some kind? If so which kind? If not can I cut this extra flap off. Its kind of a pain getting my bungee computer wrist mount over. I a fairly new dry diver so I am really short on knowledge with other systems and styles. Oops saw I cant post pics yet. But there posted in my gallery. Thanks in advance

Hi climbr1 -

I asked Pam Oliva and here is the note she sent me:

The suit is an older Army Diving TLS made in the early 90's for Operation Desert Storm. Rubber on the sleeve is there to hold a wrist ring. It can be removed easily by using a hair dryer on low, and peeling it off.

If you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks,

Kathy

Thanks Kathy. I was going to cut them off but a blow dryer is a much better option. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom