What is this thing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssssnake529

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I received this from an online retailer as part of a larger order.

Didn't order this. It appears to be a "freebie."

No idea what it is.

The middle is neoprene, with some sliding straps.

Anyone know what this is for?

I'm guessing it's for securing a tank. Am I close?

Mask strap.

That makes sense. I've just never seen a mask with a plain slit attachment for the mask. All the masks I've seen have some kind of proprietary clip-on strap.

That makes sense. I've just never seen a mask with a plain slit attachment for the mask. All the masks I've seen have some kind of proprietary clip-on strap.
They may appear to be proprietary, but most are standard. I have this type of strap on all of the masks we have. I was actually surprised with the latest one I got as it used adjustable clips like yours has instead of Velcro. The Velcro was difficult to adjust to your head as it can affect toe stretch of the neoprene.

This style is much better. Pull out old strap, and thread new one the same way the old one came out. Adjust to fit, and test. Then you can trim as necessary if desired.

I got my daughter a new mask and swapped the strap for this style. The new mask had a slightly narrower strap than any of the rest. Made threading the neoprene strap a little harder, but not impossible. I much prefer this type of strap.

This is the style I use on all my masks. The Velcro version is a pain if you ask me the clip style as shown is the best. You can feed it through on almost any mask.

Back
Top Bottom