What is this contraption?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigBubbaJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I got this contraption from a friend who got 2 of these in an auction that was from a police scuba unit.

(Aside from my bad hair day) Can you tell me what this is for?

Attachments

• 211206.jpg
    211206.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 372
It is used to supply cooling water to boat and jet ski engines when test running them out of the water. It goes over the fresh water intake and you hook your garden hose to it.

That makes sense! SO basically If I can turn it into some sort of fun summer water toy it might be useful.

They are about $10 at Wal Mart

They're used to flush salt water from the inside of the cooling system of your outboard motor after pulling it from the water after use.
Same principle as washing your dive gear after use in salt water.
Corrosion is deadly on metal parts.

What do you mean IF you can turn it into some fun water toy? Seems pretty straightforward - it has two rubber cups and it clamps onto something, you have two ears on your head ...

:D

Don't forget to equalize before you turn on the garden hose.:rofl3:

haha.. i was thinking that it might fit over your ears too! I think its a training device to practice equalizing above water.

Back
Top Bottom