What is this BCD Strap enforcement called?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrarmyant

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a zeagle ranger and a Seatec Manta Original BCD. This guy rotted to pieces on both of them. I was hoping to buy some to sew back on.
whatisthis.PNG

Try Zeagle Express - it seems like something they might have.

It;s not a strap reinforcement either but some sort of accessory attachment point - I just looked at mine. I've never used it.

I have the LTD so use the zip attachments under the wing for stuff - one a pocket, the other a strip with grommets you clip stuff to. You can retrofit it to a regular Ranger also.

You all are amazing, thanks! On the manta it has a strap that runs through it to lash it shut from what I remember.

Do the zip pouches work directly with the ranger or will I need to sew in some zippers?

Try Zeagle Express - it seems like something they might have.

It;s not a strap reinforcement either but some sort of accessory attachment point - I just looked at mine. I've never used it.

I have the LTD so use the zip attachments under the wing for stuff - one a pocket, the other a strip with grommets you clip stuff to. You can retrofit it to a regular Ranger also.

I should have added, it looked like the first link I posted may have an exact replacement that you can buy. It's not the 1st image shown. I think it was the 3rd image on that page, though. And, 80 cents each?? Bargain!! :)

Do the zip pouches work directly with the ranger or will I need to sew in some zippers?
You add one half of the zippers to your bc using the Zip Mount Adaptor

It integrates into the backpad and adds two zipper attachment points. There's an install video at the bottom of the linked page.

then all the attachments/pockets that they sell with 1/2 zippers on them mate with it. No sewing required. There's several pockets, a spare air or pony holder etc.

the poocket options are here - Accessories

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom