What is the Offical covid test required for entry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NDL_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anthony Key resort at
Honduras COVID-19 Entry Requirements | Anthony's Key Resort | Roatan

states

"COVID-19 Testing Requirements to Enter Honduras

Travelers must provide negative COVID-19 test results prior to traveling to Honduras. Travelers must hand-carry the negative test results for a PCR or rapid test taken less than 72 hours before entry into Honduras. Passengers must show the test results at check-in.
Accepted Tests for COVID-19:

1. Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test in real-time.
  2. Rapid test with a minimum Specificity of 85%, Sensitivity of 98%, or Antigen Test."
but I cannot find any other site that states an Antigen test is acceptable. Does anyone know for sure an Attigen test is acceptable for entry into Honduras?

I searched the airline websites since they know more than anyone. Both United and AA have websites that will tell you what the entry requirements are for each country. United you click, AA you put in destination.

The antigen is accepted so long as it meets the specifications mentioned in the OP. The PCR test is preferred. My wife and I just got back a week ago. And, of course, as it is at the moment, a negative test is required for re-entry into the US. You can get the test at AKR for $50.00/person.

I traveled to Roatan mid April on a rapid antigen test with no problems. The specificity, sensitivity specs were not noted on my test result document. I flew United, uploaded my results, and had them approved prior to travel. YMMV

I am in Roatan now. For re entry into US you can schedule a guy to visit your resort or dive shop who provides same day results in email and will deliver hard copy. $50. , I believe.

I am in Roatan now. For re entry into US you can schedule a guy to visit your resort or dive shop who provides same day results in email and will deliver hard copy. $50. , I believe.
It cost us $55.00 each for them to come to our hotel in West End from Coxen Hole. Would have been $50 if we had gone to them so it was worth the extra 10 bucks and made it a lot easier. The hotel even made the arraignments.

I traveled to Roatan mid April on a rapid antigen test with no problems. The specificity, sensitivity specs were not noted on my test result document. I flew United, uploaded my results, and had them approved prior to travel. YMMV

I've never seen any such details on antigen test results but the item #2 says OR antigen test. Still, they were requiring PCR only late last year so this allowance of antigen test is a change. Not sure when it changed.

I screen shot this, apparently things have changed. I have no original sourcing...
4DA32A5D-4B8F-4F39-A066-3299D0166556.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom