What is the most helpful or funniest post you have read on Scuba Board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Contributor
Reaction score
What is the most helpful :no::idk::kiss2: or funniest:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: post you have read on Scuba Board?

I thought helpful and funny would be a nice combo to see what people remember from their years on the board.

Thoughts?:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

On the helpful side, there are so many. Thal and TSandM as well as CD and JL are people among many I have learned a lot of just good common sense priciples from.

On the funny side, someone posted recently something that went sort of like this:

<Heavily accented Mexican DM>: "Today we will enter the water via back roll."

<Relative Noob>: "Why wouldn't we do a front roll?"

<Heavily Accented Mexican DM>: "Because then you would still be in the boat."

I wish I could remember who posted it to give them credit, but I laughed so hard at that! It was about 12:30 a.m. and my (non-diver) wife was sleeping. I woke her up from my laughing and she asked what the hell was so funny, so I told her. "Oh"..... she says..."Dive humor" in that tone only an annoyed spouse can generate. Told my daughter (who dives) the next morning and she laughed her tail off. Then went and told her mom the new funny.........She couldn't figure out why Mom didn't laugh like we did.

A close second would be the thread with the "Two Bitch" minimum :crafty:

This place has been great in the short time I have been here and have learned a lot. Laughed a lot too.

J.

"Shallow Divers" by RJP comes to mind as the all-time funniest post I can recall ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I can't remember who posted it, but the guy that found a deer head in the lake, had his buddy surface to watch and then he went shallow with the head sticking up out of the water in front of some fishermen and then he went back down deer head and all. I would have paid money to have watched that.

As far as helpful, when I was a total newb as opposed to being a relative newb, many folks took the time to ask me questions to help me make a good decision on my first gear purchase. The only things I regret buying are things that I didn't listen the advice on here. Not only did you guys save me tons of $$$, but I have gear that really works for me that has given me a lot of pleasure.

And I guess another thing is when I had a dive I had no business doing and it went really wrong, folks talked me through the incident so I could learn from it. It was reading in the accident forum beforehand that helped to remember lessons learned there that allowed me a narrow escape. That entire forum continues to challenge me to think and reason about how to first avoid problems and second to have the best hope of dealing with the unavoidable.

One of the most helpful posts I can remember reading when I first found SB was Jim Lapenta's "Who is responsible for what". It changed the way I approached diving and has really made me want to do the rescue diver course.

Wow -- there were so many things I found helpful, when I found this board. One of my favorites is Diver0001 thread on "Managing Task Loading", but there were a bunch of threads from Uncle Pug on deco (most of which were lost in board crashes, I think). But probably the single most influential post was Cave Diver's "What is DIR?"

Funniest? "Shallow Divers" is hysterical. And I also like many of Doc Intrepid's posts, and his coinages.

There were/are a lot of helpful posts regarding gas management (a subject that suits itself quite well to the internet).

Two pieces of bacon and an egg walk into a bar...the bartender says, "sorry, we don't serve breakfast."

Back
Top Bottom