What is the current going rate for gear to be serviced?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I charge $45 an hour billed by the 1/4 or 1/3 hour plus parts. Depends on what kind of care the reg received.
If I have to put more time in because the owner couldn't be bothered to properly rinse it, they are going to pay more.
Sending back a reg today that I got in on Friday. Delay getting it back is because I was teaching this weekend.
Total for complete rebuild of both seconds, first, replace HP spool, one torn mouthpiece, and a part not included in the service kit was 151.75.
That includes insured return postage of 20.00.

That sounds like something like the yoke needed replacement.
Yoke assembly is a part that would cost the dealer maybe 20- 30 bucks and would not involve any extra labor over a standard rebuild.

maybe I should give up my plans of being a divemaster in my retirement and focus on service technician. hmm...

Mine went from $180 to $360

what did the servicing include ? did you have to pay for the standard maintanance parts ?did you have to pay for any extra parts that normally would not require changing ? if the same service last year was half the price then you got hosed.

Where I work it is usually $80 - 110 CDN for labour on a 1st, 2nd and Octo for rebuild, minor increase for extra cleaning (beyond standard sonic) or time due to excessive corrosion (poor owner care) plus parts, depending on parts for life etc.

What brand of regulator? Some of the parts kits have gone up in price considerably in the last year or so. Was this just a basic service or did you require additional parts or replacement hoses? What was the condition of the regs? Going rate around here is $35-45 per stage plus parts.

Back
Top Bottom