What is the current going rate for gear to be serviced?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am talking full service on BC, all regs and stages.

My cost has doubled and I wondered if that was normal.

where did you take it? Is it possible you had free parts for life and now do not?
BC doesn't need service
Regs should be about $25/stage plus parts which is about $20/stage with most regulators. If I saw $100-$150 on a full reg service I wouldn't be surprised.

For my Apeks XTX50/DST full sidemount set, I paid $90 total last fall. This was the service year. Free parts for life, so no cost for parts.

So two reg sets.

Small local shop that turned them around in about two days. I was very happy.

Wow, Marie, that's cheap. It's $150 for 1st and two 2nds not including parts here. That's why I do it myself. You'd be surprised how basic these things are. Nothing like rebuilding a carburetor or putting together a Barbie Dream House.

Wow, Marie, that's cheap. It's $150 for 1st and two 2nds not including parts here. That's why I do it myself. You'd be surprised how basic these things are. Nothing like rebuilding a carburetor or putting together a Barbie Dream House.

Location places a lot into rates, I’d say, just like with OW class costs. You’re in NYC. This shop is far out in the Chicago burbs. Small shop and the owner does the service. He appears to know what the heck he’s doing. I love that turnaround time is four days or less (per shop website). I have zilch desire or aptitude to do it myself. Too damn many small parts. I get enough of small bits when cleaning handguns.

I don’t get my SM rig serviced. If something needs to be replaced, I can do that myself. Don’t have a console or computer that needs service or battery changed. I have two Perdix that take AA batteries and I can also change the batteries on my two transmitters myself. I don’t use analog SPG.

Mine went from $180 to $360

I wonder if the shop is expecting to make up for most business during covid by raising repair costs. Did other prices go up, such as air fills?

DRIS did mine last year. I think it was about $130 all together....maybe a little less and it was fast. My IP was creeping in my MK25evo. They sent my old parts back as well. Here are their prices-

Drysuit Repairs | Regulator Repairs | BCD Repairs

On edit, it was $77 in August 2020 for the first stage only. $35 labor, $34 kit, $8 return shipping. There would have been a cost to ship it to them as well.

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom