What is the best dive site in California?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pt. Lobos without question. As I noted previously:
This had become one of those spectacular central coast days, blue sky, bright sun and 60-foot plus visibility. On a day like this Bluefish Cove is perhaps the most spectacular dive site in the world. Let the tourists have Palancar Reef, the wall on Cayman Brac, Rosh Muhammad and Heron Island, all that frantic motion and frenetic neon of the underwater Times Squares. Give me kelp, the kelp forests, subtle deep greens broken by shafts of light that look like a Sunday school painting. That's for me.

The Big Sur coast! It has everything including sea sickness :(, great viz, spetacular color, hunting, big fish, little fish, and lots of other life! Oh yeah, its the best. I like Lobos too but you gotta dive the Sur.

I find Pt. Lobos far too limiting… how about most places in Carmel Bay?

Do you own a scooter? Point Lobos on a good day with a scooter is pretty hard to beat. :D

In norcal, I'd vote for Point Lobos. Socal, Farnsworth Banks trumps even Lobos on a good day.

In norcal, I'd vote for Point Lobos. Socal, Farnsworth Banks trumps even Lobos on a good day.

I agree with Farnsworth. Little Farnsworth in Catalina is a good second if you can't get to 'real' Farnsworth. Also Blue Caverns @ Catalina.

X

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom