What is happening with Exchange Rates?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oops sorry if I posted that twice. (Did I also post that a taxi couldn't change a 200? He ended up convincing the restaurant to give him 50 and add it to our bill)

Scotia Bank looks only three blocks from my hotel (Bahia : corner "Av. General. Rafael E. Melgar" and "calle 3 sur").
Good to know.
Any benefits to bring small ($20) or big ($100) notes ?

Oops sorry if I posted that twice. (Did I also post that a taxi couldn't change a 200? He ended up convincing the restaurant to give him 50 and add it to our bill)
That's lame.

Scotia Bank looks only three blocks from my hotel (Bahia : corner "Av. General. Rafael E. Melgar" and "calle 3 sur").
Good to know.
Any benefits to bring small ($20) or big ($100) notes ?
I avoid $100 bills. Too many problems. A stack each of $1s, $2s, $5s, $10s comes in handy.

I avoid $100 bills. Too many problems. A stack each of $1s, $2s, $5s, $10s comes in handy.
For daily use, sure I have with me only small notes, I mean for currency exchange in bank.
I saw in some countries that for $100 note you receive better rate. Or maybe I remember wrong and it was just minimum exchange amount regardless on in which notes you bring it.

We must go to different places Skittles. I get money from the ATM ( I like Santander) including 500 peso bills and have never had an issue. I have used them at Mega, SAMs and restaurants. Never a question. Never paid extra to use a 200 bill. Never bring anything bigger than a 20 at a place like ElPique. I don't use cabs so no experience there.

We must go to different places Skittles. I get money from the ATM ( I like Santander) including 500 peso bills and have never had an issue. I have used them at Mega, SAMs and restaurants. Never a question. Never paid extra to use a 200 bill. Never bring anything bigger than a 20 at a place like ElPique. I don't use cabs so no experience there.

Skittles looks shifty....

That's lame.

Worked out the same for us. We just paid 50 to the restaurant instead of the cab.

But it today I also had a store tell me no to paying for 2 sarongs (about 180 pesos) with a 500 so I just didn't get them. I have issues apparently.

But it today I also had a store tell me no to paying for 2 sarongs (about 180 pesos) with a 500 so I just didn't get them. I have issues apparently.

Speak Spanish?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom