What is going on with this button SPG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ScubaPro universal DIN assembly uses different o-rings, depending on the stage. So yes,it is highly possible they assembled it wrong when whomever converted it...

YMMV

The ScubaPro universal DIN assembly uses different o-rings, depending on the stage. So yes,it is highly possible they assembled it wrong when whomever converted it...

YMMV
It does? Mine came with one for the inside and one on the outside.

I got that part....it is the o-ring part I don't get.
I’m just guessing but the internal o-ring is hard to do wrong and have the regulator seal, maybe it’s possible...

I can now shed some light on this.

The shop I bought it from (online) must have converted a yoke reg to DIN and installed that O ring in the wrong place after all, effectively sealing the HP port. So not a machining/Scubapro QA issue. That specific issue would not occur from a factory DIN of course.

The issue was resolved like this:
- I emailed the shop with my issue after realising it was not the SPG
- the shop contacted Scubapro who gave me a call from interstate
- Scubapro organised a local dive tech to fix the reg via some email exchanges
- I called the tech, dropped the reg off last Tuesday and just picked it up this Thursday morning
- Tested it on the pony at home and the SPG now reads nicely

(common disclamer for this forum and some countries : All written below is just information, and not a solicitation or guidelines for action. All written below you can do just on your own risk)

if you do not wish to spent the time - take Gypsum Screw (Drywall Screw) like
cat840050_1?$catImages$.jpg

place the tip of this screw in to the center of ring scratches in the HP port bottom (in to the center of HP port), and make some light hits on the screw (by wooden handle of screwdriver or something like it). Or just press on the screw and shake it a little.
I did it with my HP hose, when small hole on it was stuck.

Such screws has very sharp tip and hardened steel, and it can help to make small hole.

Cheers! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom