What is a semi-dry suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

earlgrimm

Registered
Reaction score
Hi I am a newbie and confused. I get a wetsuit, I get a drysuit, but what the heck is a semi-dry suit?

Earl

But seriously folks, it's a wetsuit with better than normal seals, so they are supposedly warmer because less water flows through needing to warmed by your body.

Posted via Mobile Device

can you pee in a semi-dry suit? perhaps that's why they are warmer.

peeing in a semi-dry is kinda like peeing in a drysuit. once you unzip, run......

i think semi-drys are far superior as a cool water wetsuit than any other thick suit. Yeah, it's not a "dry" suit, you will get wet, but since the seals are designed to minimized water exchange the water in the suit that your body has warmed stays with you and keeps you much warmer.

I dive a Mares Isotherm, and the thing sucked getting in and out of when i first got it, but after 20+ dives it broke in and now goes on and off like butter.

Can you take a regular wetsuit and glue in the neck/wrist seals made for a dry suit? Will that make it completely dry (except for the zipper).

Has anyone tried this?

Can you take a regular wetsuit and glue in the neck/wrist seals made for a dry suit? Will that make it completely dry (except for the zipper).

Has anyone tried this?

No it will not because Neoprene is permeable, water leaks through it (albeit slowly) like a sponge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom