What happened to my signature line?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Downing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A couple of weeks ago, I noticed my signature line had disappeared. I'm not very witty, so my sig was just a .jpg of the Bryan Cranston character on Breaking Bad with the quote, "Send him to Belize? I'll send you to Belize." After some years of this sig, it vanished and now all there is a question mark in a small blue box.

I tried to reload it without success.

I'm not in the least upset about this. Just wondering if something changed and .jpegs are no longer possible or permitted in signature lines.

Tis a mystery.

Sounds like you linked it to an image that is no longer there. I don't see any action by a moderator on your account.

Ok. It's been so long since I first put it up that I'll have to figure out how I did it.

Thanks!

That's the one! A whole lot bigger there than in my signature line, lol.

I uploaded it from my computer to put it in my signature. It's still in the same spot in my photo library so not sure what happened there. I'll play around with it when I get home and see if I can figure out how to upload it again.

Thanks.

Didn't I resize that for you a few years ago?

I'll be glad to do it again if you don't still have the original but this time store it in your media gallery here on SB and link to it in your signature - that way a permanent copy exists on our servers

although thr original reference should not have been lost - stupid computers...:D

Last edited:
Didn't I resize that for you a few years ago?

I'll be glad to do it again if you don't still have the original but this time store it in your media gallery here on SB and link to it in your signature - that way a permanent copy exists on our servers

although thr original reference should not have been lost - stupid computers...:D

Come to think of it, you did, lol. I hate to impose, but could you do it again?

This time, I'll store it in my media gallery and go from there.

Ah, never mind. I figured it out. Although it is a little big for my taste so if you feel like making it a little smaller... :)

Last edited:
Shew, that wasn't easy for an old non-techno dog like me. But after some trial and error, I finally got it done.

Thanks, Steve, for all your help. Much appreciated. The signature photo is now safely stored on my My Media page in the Media Gallery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom