What Flash to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ks18

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I own a DC800, just the camera no flash. I want to purchase a external flash but thought I would get the advice of some members on here. I know the obvious buy would be the Digital Pro Flash (SL961) but it is a little pricey for my recreational diving.

If I purchased an older model would it work just as well? Can older models be hooked up to mine?

Thanks.

If you're referring to the older Sealife flash units, yes, they will work if you can find one. I saw here on SB classifies where someone was using a SEA&SEA YS-90DX for a flash on a DC800.
A SEA&SEA YS-90DX is not a Sealife product, altho maybe it can be modified to work on a DC800?

I have the SL960 External Flash on my DC500. Anyone know if it will work on a DC800...?

Don,

Did you ever figure out if the external flash would work with the dc800? And, does anyone know if the external flash will work with the dc1000? I am debating buying the 1000 alone or with the flash (I already have an old external flash), and the whole kit is a little beyond what I want to spend... Thanks.

Andy

As long as you get the piece that surrounds the lens and holds the end of the fiber optic cable, you can use an older flash with either the DC800 or DC1000.

I'm using my Digital Flash from my DC500 with my DC1000 and it works perfectly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom