What first stage is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Wondering what variant of US Divers/Aqualung SE or Cousteau this may be? And what ports/ sizes it has. Thank you.
IMG_2304.JPG
IMG_2303.JPG

Yep it is a Cousteau or a SEA or a Micra depending on which 2nd it came with and if it had the environmental seal. At the time I believe it was their top of the line 1st stage. Solid reg easy to rebuild and reliable. They are big and weigh a ton.

Thank you. I used to own a Cousteau many years ago but it had a hex screw on the HP end and was a rare (?) version with all 3/8 LP ports. It's going for around $40 shipping included, might just pick it up. Cheers.

An awesome regulator and easy to get parts for. $40 is a steal. Only drawback is it weighs a ton.

Yes, I do recall my old Cousteau weighing quite a bit. My only reservation is it's 1/2 port, not big on adapters.

IIRC it's a 5 port first stage, so only one of the big ports.

s-l1600.jpg
Is the service kit the same for the Cousteau and SEA? Cheers.
It would seem so. Also, the 1/2" port adapter is nearly a flush fit, it threads into the reg body, I doubt you will even notice it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom