What Fins are best for Sidemount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crock

Contributor
Reaction score
I need to get new fins.

What fins are best for sidemount?

Has anyone tried the Xdeep fins? Whats your take on it?

Since you're not carrying all the weight of regulators, valves, and manifold up high, as in BM, fins for SM can ususally be lighter. My personal favorite for a near neutral fin that does a good job with the precision kicks is the OMS Slipstream, now sold by DUI. Lots of other people are going to chime in with other ideas, though.

most people prefer lighter fins, many people are switching to the new Deep 6 Fin, I am however biased.

Since you're not carrying all the weight of regulators, valves, and manifold up high, as in BM, fins for SM can ususally be lighter. My personal favorite for a near neutral fin that does a good job with the precision kicks is the OMS Slipstream, now sold by DUI. Lots of other people are going to chime in with other ideas, though.
They look positive.

I use the Dive Rite XT fins, know a lot of people who use Avanti Quattros, lots of people who use F1s, Jet fins, etc. I think it depends on what works for you.

xDeep's fins look like jet fins.

The best fin is the one that works for you.
Try to borrow different fins from buddies or your LDS if possible.
I've tried F2's, Slipstreams, F1's and Avanti Quattros.
I use the Quattros because they have been my fin for a very long time and perform well.
I did like the F2 length.

Deep 6 look nice! whats wrong with them?

he's biased because he is the owner of Deep6.... There is absolutely nothing wrong with them except for the fact that he hasn't made a XXL size for me yet so I can't buy them.... :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom