What do you wear under your Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King_Neptune

Founder
Reaction score
Just curious, what do most of you wear under your drysuits?

My secret to both drysuit diving garments and AFTER DIVING wear is one in the same. Many of you probably already know about Chammyz but if you don't you have just got to check this stuff out! It is probably the most INEXPENSIVE stuff you can buy for the comfort and warmth.

And to top it all off we are going to be giving away a [red]TON of this stuff![/red] (hehe, I mentioned it was inexpensive right?)
Just how comfortable is Chammyz? Just ask "Ladydiver" here on this board, she sleeps in this stuff every night!

=-)

It depends on what I'm doing and the water temperature. I dive a DUI TLS 350 shell suit and Puget Sound is currently running around 55°F. I wear a set of REI expedition weight Poly-proplyene (sp?) long underwear. Over this I wear a set of USIA's drysuit underwear. On my feet I wear two pairs of wool socks. In this configuration I'm almost too warm and I often don't use the long underwear if the air temp is getting warm.

If the water's getting below about 48°F I will toss on a polar fleece vest and I'm toasty.

Its really all about personal comfort, this is what works for me.

Sharkbait.

Hi King!
Thanks for the reply on the Bubblemakers Program. It is a cool program for the kids and your right, I am a proud grandpa. As for the dry suit thread--
I usually wear a pair of sweat pants and a wool sweater. If it's colder than 45 degrees I'll add a set of polypropelene underwear. I dive a Bare neoprene suit.

i use some old lighter weight REI polypro undergarments for warmish (55-60) water and some "expedition grade" heavier stuff for places like San Miguel Is in the winter when the surface temps hit the high 40s. I don't remember all the exact details as to fabric blend, rating etc on these garments as they date back to my mountaineering days and all the tags have come off.

REI expedition weight long johns (deliberately a size too small so they will fit snug) over a dive skin. That was with an O'Neil neoprene dry suit for diving the Puget Sound (45-55F). I'm in southern Florida now, so they're just hanging in the closet feeling neglected.

I wear Bare Polar extreme fleece underwear under my Viking.

I the winter months Nov - March I add Combi polypropylene ski under wear under my fleece.

Mike D

:blfish:

I'll be getting my first dry suit soon and doing ice diving here in Minnesota. After getting a dry suit, inexpensive sounds real good!

400g thinsulate jumpsuit over a base layer of Marmot polypro (I recommend getting the treated version, controls odor on long trips:wink:) . Wool socks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom