What do you want in a PC log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MJordan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello guys I am currently coding a computerized dive log for a programming programming project and wanted to get some feedback on what you would want in a virtual dive log. Keep in mind that any numbers that you want put into the book would have to be manually entered by you since this i wouldnt even no how to code an auto input from a dive computer. thanks!

Matt

It would be ideal if the program would be compatible with multiple dive computers. Possibly the user could select the make/model of the computer he is using and everything works well from that point on.

Another thing to consider is to allow the fill in fields to default to previously entered field, i.e., in the "location field" if you had entered "Stingray City" on the previous dive, the program would automatically enter "Stingray City" assuming you made more than one dive at the same location. It may be safe to make a similar assumption in the "U/W vis" "Weather" and "Surface Conditions" fields. LAT/LON (GPS position) fields would also be a big plus!

It might be neat of the LAT/LON was compatible with GOOGLE Earth or MapPoint so you could look at a map and see where you've been.

Good luck with your project!

it wont be able to hook dive pc's up to it but it will be able print a divelog like page

XML tag all the input, and have it searchable, so I'd be able to do a query like, "show me a list of all the wreck dives I made at night in august where the depth was greater than 75 feet", or "show me the temperature of all the shore dives I made in 2005."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom