What do you guys think is the best CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua Marine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just wondering what you guys think the best CCR as far as features, benefits, part availabillity, etc... I am looking to get into a Trimix unit sometime in the near future and was hoping you guys would have an opinion.

Thanks!

When I saw the title of this thread: "What do you guys think is the best CCR"

...the first thought that came to mind was "PROUD MARY"

Sorry for the off-topic reply. I couldn't help myself.

'Slogger

Aqua Marine:
Just wondering what you guys think the best CCR as far as features, benefits, part availabillity, etc... I am looking to get into a Trimix unit sometime in the near future and was hoping you guys would have an opinion.

Thanks!
You question has as many potential answers as there are divers. There are many variables but you have already stated one being you want to do trimix. That's a start but if you could be more specific about your intended diving activities you would get a better answer.
For my money the megalodon is the best CCR for trimix diving and the 2 main reasons I chose it over the inspiration which has similar capabilities is that it travels easier and its contruction is way more robust. Since I am not easy on dive gear no matter how hard I try.
Hope that is some help. I suggest you ask more specific questions and I am sure some others will share opinions (even some who actually dive CCR:06: )

The best CCR is MINE :D

Seriously only you can answer that question based on the type of diving you are planning and long hours of research.

Cheers
Chris

you will find that whatever unit people have - they will say its the best, same as oc its all personal.

i have an evo btw, its the best unit :)
there is about an 11 month waiting list for them an all so they either build them real slow or they have a good package.

Sydney_Diver:
The best CCR is MINE :D

Seriously only you can answer that question based on the type of diving you are planning and long hours of research.

Cheers
Chris

I second Chris. The currently available CCRs differ quite a bit from each other, sometimes in ways which are hard to notice. You must first try to narrow down what kind of diving you want to do and then find out as much as you can about ALL the units available. The more you know about each unit, the easier it will be to find the best one for your requirements. I dive a Prism for many reasons-mostly because it's small, simple, has very low work of breathing and has very long scrubber duration. Good luck -Andy

The best rebreather is one you actually get to dive.
You know, the one you can afford and the manufacturer can deliver. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom