what do YOU do with your car keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brilig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm back into diving after many years away. Years ago I would go shore diving and my car key was just a flat piece of brass. I just clipped it to a D-ring and down I went.
Now my car key has an electronic chip inside and the key fob has a bunch of buttons. Those magnetic boxes aren't really big enough and are kind of obvious.
I'll be diving solo so I'm on my own to figure this out.
What are some of the ideas you shore divers out there have come up with?
Thanks.

I was reading the PLB thread and there are a few decent containers that can be used for the PLB. I bought one and plan on using it for my car keys and cash. I plan on buying a PLB soon, so not a big expense considering!
I’d look at those options

I'm back into diving after many years away. Years ago I would go shore diving and my car key was just a flat piece of brass. I just clipped it to a D-ring and down I went.
Now my car key has an electronic chip inside and the key fob has a bunch of buttons. Those magnetic boxes aren't really big enough and are kind of obvious.
Thanks.

BR...

Hide it...if it's a wooded area...place a nail/screw in a tree and hang it...bury it under a handful of leaves...

Buy a very small dry-box...the credit card type...which I use and dive with it...

You can also make up a small magnetic box and hide it under your car...go to your local transmission shop and get a couple of transmission filter magnets...the shop will usually give them to you at no charge...

Lots of options...

''Necessity is the mother of invention''...

Best...

Warren

These are all excellent ideas. Thanks to everyone for the fast response.

another f you have a floating dive flag put it in a waterproof container and store it on your dive flag float

Attachments

• Innovative Yellow Diver Down Flag (Copy)-500x500.jpg
    Innovative Yellow Diver Down Flag (Copy)-500x500.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 43
Inside your dry suit.
If they get wet in there chances are your day has already gone to $hit.

Thanks.

On top of one of my tires.

Back
Top Bottom