Question What chose to replace xdeep nx700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would you then recommend

for 1st stage:
DST xtx50 rotating head with 5th port x2

And for 2nd stage
XTX 50 or XTX 200?

Thanks for your help

Would you then recommend

for 1st stage:

And for 2nd stage
XTX 50 or XTX 200?

Thanks for your help

DST is the first stage with 5th port and rotating turret.

XTX50 second stage. The XTX200 just has some extra bling and doesn’t really seem to add any value for the extra cost. The XTX50 are workhorse regs I see a lot of tech divers with. I had them myself.

The CX looks nice and simple, I would be tempted by the swap and credit if you like the second stages.

Would you then recommend

for 1st stage:
Yes
And for 2nd stage
XTX 50 or XTX 200?
XTX50 for the second stage. As @Marie13 said, there's no functional benefit of the 200 over the 50.

Most of my second stages are the cheap TX40; work very well and are great value for money. The '50' variants have the adjustable crack pressure and can be switched from right-hand hose entry to left-hand hose entry.

As an aside, if you get a good deal on the ScubaPro Mk25, they make great sidemount first stages too.

Only cheaper ones were from Tecline and Diverite.
And the Dive Rite ones just work. I have a dozen or so sets of apeks regs and I have been slowly switching them over to DiveRite. They are simple and reliable.
Sadly, they are a copy of the old apeks DSTs and I was always very happy with my DSTs. When they started having seat failures left and right, it wasn't the end of the world, I switched to a spare reg and carried on with the dive.
When Apeks denied any knowledge of seat failures, denied warranty claims on the failed parts, and then changed the part without ever acknowledging the failure. I said screw them and moved on.

I have no first hand knowledge with xdeep regs, but I am glad to see them acknowledging the issue and doing something about it. Hopefully they get it sorted.

And the Dive Rite ones just work. I have a dozen or so sets of apeks regs and I have been slowly switching them over to DiveRite. They are simple and reliable.
Sadly, they are a copy of the old apeks DSTs and I was always very happy with my DSTs. When they started having seat failures left and right, it wasn't the end of the world, I switched to a spare reg and carried on with the dive.
When Apeks denied any knowledge of seat failures, denied warranty claims on the failed parts, and then changed the part without ever acknowledging the failure. I said screw them and moved on.

I have no first hand knowledge with xdeep regs, but I am glad to see them acknowledging the issue and doing something about it. Hopefully they get it sorted.
Exactly. That's the point here. They not only acknowledged it, but they're offering refund. Apeks just ignored it.

I'm still on the fence which I'm gonna chose. Dive Rite or Tecline. But I think the determening factor will be closeness of a service center. I which tecline wins.

I got DST with xtx 50 sm, halcyon hp 75 with halo and aura and the scubapro mk25 with 620’s.

My go to set for tec is the apeks dst xtx50.

For Rec scubapro mk25 with 620ti

My missus now has the h75 p halcyon for sidemount. Make of that what you want 😂😂

I just got the replacements for my NX700.
And it's a MK19evo cold water set, on which I've transfered my SPGs and inflators.

PXL_20230426_175908391.jpg

So far, I really like it. It is much heavier than the xDeep, but breathes a lot better. I still need to get used the the mouth piece, since the xDeep had the super soft one. But overall, like it.

The routing is great, but due to the length, I need to rotate the bands a bit.

Back
Top Bottom