What can you tell me about these doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RMcIntosh

Registered
Reaction score
Was gifted these tanks. Looking for some info on them. Probably will use them for the man cave 33A2F307-F588-4B01-A7E4-5F621544A183.jpegFD892E97-E1B3-4842-8301-B273EE3B2C9E.jpeg496D4D01-8166-4414-B9E5-D517D21B8A8A.jpegFF5B3FC2-312B-4E63-B1EF-74B0A9989AD8.jpeg

Early (1952) Pressed Steel 38s, i think, 1/2" tapered thread valves, 1800 psi. They will be very buoyant empty. Great for show, not so much for diving unless you're into authentic vintage.

OMG: Dacor rebranded tanks. Vintage value for sure.

At one time Scott Aviation made diving equipment and fire fighter SCBA's. They made a single hose full face mask SCUBA in the 50's the Scott Hydro Pack. These are probably Scott SCBA tanks repurposed for SCUBA.
3M now owns Scott.
What say you Sam.

3M Scott Fire & Safety - Wikipedia

@captain

EL captain.....

Exactly my thoughts when I saw "SCOTT"
And the date 1952--68 years ago!
right in the middle of the SCOTT Hydro Pack popularity
(And the op is just 50-- the tanks are 18 years older than him)

Being SCOTTS and being so old I would almost consider the tanks "antique collectables "
If there is any one collecting SCOTT Hydro pacts Wow!

Since the OP is Canadian- perhaps he should contact Alex ?

Stay safe -- stay covered

Sam Miller, 111

@RMcIntosh

CE @Marie13

Not sure if Alex is still active in the company but they should be able to direct you to him.

About Scuba 2000 – Scuba2000

I had heard he retired. I haven't seen him since I was at the Sea Hunt anniversary at Silver Springs several years ago.

Early (1952) Pressed Steel 38s, i think, 1/2" tapered thread valves, 1800 psi. They will be very buoyant empty. Great for show, not so much for diving unless you're into authentic vintage.

Not sure about those but the ones I have are perfectly buoyant, I love them. -2 full and +2 empty

They are are code 3AA which defines the material type (chrome-molybdenum steel), how they are tested, the allowable stress, etc.

What I do not see is a + stamp next to what appears to be the original test date. I find that odd. What do you think @captain?
I think you made a similar observation over on a thread at VDH.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom