What can you tell me about the Digital Wide Conversion Lens 0.56X?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan B.

Contributor
Reaction score
I bought this in Monterey, CA to try to add some wide angle function to my system. Unfortunately I had to use step-up rings to attach it, and the extra distance from my port narrowed the angle of view, so it got bunted to the back of the dive locker.
Years later I dig it out to sell it and can find almost no information about it online. For instance, what is its coverage? 20mm? It has 55mm threads on the rear; what camera or housing is it designed to screw into? And what does 0.56X mean?
Also, looking at the rear threads, it looks like someone has either done some modification, or has put some kind of sealant(?) around the rear lens cluster. (It certainly didn't flood on the 4-6 dives I took it on, and there's no visible evidence of previous flooding--in case it had been opened for repair.)
Does anyone have informative details on this beastie? Anyone want to buy it?
P1010017.jpg
P1010010.jpg

Attachments

• P1010018.jpg
    P1010018.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 109
  • P1010015.jpg
    P1010015.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 114
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom