What boots do you like for flat feet that need arch support?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fppf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering what you think is the best pair of boots for someone with flat feet that needs arch support. Must be at least 5mm thick with a heavy sole for cold water shore diving.

No fighting over anyone's opinion, I really don't care what you think about someones opinion.

Just wondering what you think is the best pair of boots for someone with flat feet that needs arch support. Must be at least 5mm thick with a heavy sole for cold water shore diving.

No fighting over anyone's opinion, I really don't care what you think about someones opinion.

SCUBAPro has nice boots. I put these in for an arch.

Superfeet Premium Insoles : Green : Insoles for all of your footwear and activities. Skiing, hiking, running, soccer and work.

details.jpg

I'm sure that most/any of the boots would be a good bet, I have the seasoft stealth and am sold on the idea that for any diving, ones that have a real sole and arch support is the way to go

Edit: now that's an idea I hadn't though of .. I have those for my hiking boots and their wonderful

This may be unashamed promotion, but in April, Fourth Element is launching two boots with insoles with arch support and heel support and cushioning developed for diving, as standard.

Amphibian Rugged Diving Boots : Fourth Element

Hope this helps.

Jim
As long as all mfgr have the same opportunity, which they do, shameless plugs are fine. :wink:

Thanks for the suggestions.

SCUBAPro has nice boots. I put these in for an arch.QUOTE]

Yes, those are what I use in my drysuit but I have skinny feet so there isn't a problem for room. Remember that you purchase the ones that are sized for the placement of your arch not the size of your shoe. Use an instore sizer which shows your foot size and usually the location of your arch. I have long feet and I buy the higher size insole. I have also noticed some more custom arch supports that appear to be custimizable by heating them.

I notice by your avatar that you have a drysuit but it appears you are asking about wet boots. I think you would definitely have to purchase at least the next size up to fit an insole inside in that case. Or it would probably be best to just glue some Spenco arch supports ( just for the arch) - they are neoprene or something close.

Not all dives are done dry :wink:

And I'm asking more for the Mrs, she has flat feet, my feet are fine :D

Back
Top Bottom