What better reward

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gmhicks5867

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Recently we at Diveheart received this e-mail from a parent of a child with Autism after his first time doing a discover scuba in September. What better reward for all the hard work and efforts to see this amount of joy and appreciation expressed to us.

Hi Bob and Diveheart volunteers,

My child John participated few weeks ago at Oak Lawn High School. He loves the water and had a great time although he was a little scared. John was one of my special ed student who I got quardianship of several years ago. He came from an awful home situation and would never have an oppurtunity like this. I have three adult children who are all PADI certified and have been on a couple of dives which they have talked about. Diving a few weeks ago gave John the chance to do it too. I sent John's photos out to all of them and they have made a big deal about it so he feel more confident. He is looking forward to coming back again next month and learning a little more. I am hoping my older kids will be able to make it sometime to watch him . Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your time and patients.

Gratefully,
[FONT=&quot]Lori Eckroth[/FONT]

its great getting feedback like that! congrats on the worthwhile program... hopefully it will continue to grow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom