What BC to Buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TannerBrandon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Besides Dive Rite Im wondering what a good bc would be to get? For recreational and tech diving. And cost efficient is needed.

Thanks

check out northeast scuba supply. I bought my dive rite harness there and got a great deal. I bought the transplate harness. I also went with hog blatter, back pad and d1 cold regs.

It would depend on your wing. This particular wing doesn't have the slots to thread the straps through. They thread through the STA.

Ive been looking at the hog wing/backplate/ and a diverite harness

You said you need Rec and Tec capabilities at an economical choice. BP/W excels in this area do to it's modular approach. Can you explain more what what you think you want and why?

Edit: I think I misread your last post. My question might be pointless.

Ive been looking at the hog wing/backplate/ and a diverite harness
Good choice. Also, check out the complete set-up from Deep Sea Supply.
Oxycheq is pretty nice, too.
I need a short backplate so it limits my options in used gear. But, you may be able to find a complete rig used here or on Craigslist or eBay. I saw quite a few used rigs on eBay very reasonably priced but unfortunately, by the time I replaced the backplate with a short plate, I wouldn't be saving much.
The biggest decision is what size wing you need. What exposure suit are you most likely to wear? I know you mentioned that you're thinking about getting a neoprene drysuit? Are you thinking about diving a doubles setup or mostly still using a single tank?
When I get my rig, you're welcome to come try it in the pool if you'd like, to see if it's what you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom