What BATTERIES & Charger should I get!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased an Olympus SP-320, and I plan to use it quite extensively while diving in Bonaire in 3 weeks. It uses 2 AA's.

That in mind, I have been looking up batteries and chargers and had difficulity, so I'd like your help!

Choice 1) Kodak NiMH AA Battery Charger with 4 Rechargeable Batteries, able to do 2500mah. $40 Link to item at circuit city

or

Choice 2) SONY LCD Quick Charger with Four AA Batteries, able to do 2300mah. $40 Link to item at circuit city

I like the Sony because it shows the status of the charge, but it charges 200mah less than the Kodak. The Sony charger also has a "refresh feature" that erases the memory of the battery and giving it a better charge when its performance has diminished over time.

My problem is:

is 200mah that big of a difference?

is the "refresh feature" just a gimmick?

I like the Sony for the LCD indicator, but thats it. Which one would you pick, and why? If you have any other suggestions/ideas - PLEASE let me know, i'm taking my time. Are CR-V3 batteries better?

My Man Rip... rocks. Have a zillion of 'em.

www.ripvan100.com

---
Ken

I also use the PowerX batteries from Thomas Distributing

I use the PowerX NiMH 2500 mAH re-chargeable batteries and the C801D charger.

Massive fan of rechargeable batteries (NiMh).

The normal alkaline batteries frankly are only good for throwing away as with high drain devices like digital cameras they die pretty quickly.

I've had wonderful results with the Energizer 2500Nimh batteries, i'd recommend a powerex charger as the energizer charger that came with my batteries takes 8 hours to fully charge them!

EDIT - This website has a great listing and review of Nimh batteries and their chargers.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html

I've have VERY good luck with the Monster rechargeables that Circuit City sells...I think it's $40 for the set and Charger. They charge completely in a little over 2 hours

I just ordered 8 2700mAh sanyo batteries, battery holder tube, and battery recharger/conditioner for $55 off ripvan100.com

thanks mo2vation for the recommendation, and thanks to everyone else for the suggestions!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom