what are you transporting your TG-6 in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

racerx_

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
got a TG-6 with housing on the way to me right now and i'm just thinking about what i'm gonna put it in for travel, going to and from the boat, etc. I live in southeast asia so all diving is travel diving. Anyone have a recommendation for a certain drybox or bag that fits it well?

also i'm trying to figure out where to get a small flex arm that will mount to the cold shot and hold a simple focus light but after a night of googling i'm not sure what exactly i'm looking for. can someone point me in the right direction?

I picked up a Pelican Air 1535 to carry the camera, housing, strobe, etc. I’ve only had a chance to use it once in travel (f*** you CoVid-19) bit it was easy to pack, kept everything safe and secure, and traveled well.

My partner is using a Fjallraven Kanken photo insert and he puts his strobes in there as well. It’s very well made and my comparison is to Tenba, ThinkTank, Lowepro products. He sticks it into his carry on when we travel.

For flying, break my camera rig and put the parts in my carry-on bag.

For driving and to/from/on the boat, I put the rig in a soft-side cooler. Here in the US, you can get suitable ones at Wal-mart or Target for cheap. Not sure what you have equivalent over in Singapore.

I break down the rig and put it into a small bag (I think it was a reg bag originally) , that I slide into my backpack for the flights. I either use it or my fin bag at the destination (but my rig is fully assembled then, however it folds over itself so it's very compact).

Attachments

• 20200601_210214.jpg
    20200601_210214.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 121
  • 20200601_210208.jpg
    20200601_210208.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 105
If you want to futureproof yourself, get one of these:

Cinebags CB70 Square Grouper Bag 2020

I just got one for my new full frame camera rig. It is really nice. I fit a Nauticam housing with 45 degree viewfinder, a WWL-1 wide angle dome, 2 x Inon Z240 strobes, 4 control arms (2 w/Stix floats and 2 carbon fiber float arms), and a focus light with its mount in there. And can zip it shut for transport. It will hold water, for soaking gear. And it packs down flat (though not exactly thin - it has good padding) for packing in luggage to fly.

Not cheap at USD$159. But, I've gone through a few Wal-mart coolers and bags. I think this one earn its price over time.

Consider using an AO softsided cooler to carry your camera system to and from the boat and to act as your own rinse bucket.

2nd this once you land/arrive. I use the 24 can and can fit my RX100 with housing and wide angle lens attached, 2 full sized strobes, and floats+arms (I have 4 arm sections, 2 floats on each)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom