What are the chances that TS Rina will blow out out diving later this week or worse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grandpa used to say: "Don't borrow trouble, it'll find you on it's own." Glad to hear this hurricane has become a non-event. The only "downside" (if a non-hurricane can have a down-side) is some people become more complacent about the next storm and aren't as diligent in their prep. Regardless, this is great news.

This is the Island of Wilma. I don't think that complacency is likely anytime soon. The paper was reporting people over-preparing for this one before the downgrade. Cozumelenos got their s#$% wired tight!

Okay, :huh:!!!! What is this thing doing??? Does it mean our vacation will be rainy? :(

at201118_5day.gif

Okay, :huh:!!!! What is this thing doing??? Does it mean our vacation will be rainy? :(

After 30 feet, you can't tell its raining and the tables at WW have umbrellas.... :eyebrow:

The current path projection looks like they have substituted a longer duration event for less intensity.

Will this projected 180 degree turn result in the port being closed for diving longer?

Last edited:
Dude, I'd buy you a Margarita, just for grins . . . if you were down there next week! :lol:

Wife is arriving the day you leave, just leave the money with Chad at WW for Susanita. She will drink it then send me a picture to make me jealous.... :depressed:

Reactions: Jax
Man, I think I can collect no matter how weird the definition. :D

Sure looks like it will be much less severe......but it won't be nothing........the people who live there consider it to be almost nothing BUT what about the 895 tourists who are there? I seriously doubt all 895 stayed voluntarily.

Google Translate

BTW the airport closed last night.........

Google Translate

Also there were 22 flights scheduled this week......

Google Translate

Now it looks like there was 1 flight yesterday to Houston........can you fit 895 people on one plane? NO Even if all of them wanted to leave they could not so in other words at least some of them are "CUT OFF" from leaving. There are at least 2 people who posted that they changed their plans......now that the storm has diminished do they regret it? I doubt it......Fortunately though those 9 flights on Fri and Sat will probably get in for those who still want to go.

Once again for anyone who does not want to read my posts please find the ignore button as I now have a few people on ignore.

BTW that story about the 895 tourists.....scroll to the last paragraph.....

Villanueva Sosa, warned of the presence of so-called "adventure tourists" who came to the Island in search of the phenomenon to surf or do some activity and recommend extreme caution and said that they were not allowed access to the beaches of the eastern under any circumstances.

What???? Surfs up and they won't let me on the beach???:shocked2:

Latest wind swath predictions on CrownWeather show maximum winds of 58 mph when it gets to Cozumel. I think we can officially declare it a fizzle. Cue applause. :D

Yay! I was hopping for a fizzle the whole time. That's the thing about hurricanes, if they don't hit your beloved Caribbean destination, they're likely wreaking havoc on someone's else.

:banana: :cheers: :bounce4: :clapping: :bounce: :dance: :bounce2: :dance3: :grinbandit::bounce3: :grouphug:

I think I got all the happy emoticons there.

Still a far better outcome than what was being predicted 2 days ago. You're going diving, right? You're gonna be wet anyway! :wink:

Lets keep the cup optimistically half-full especially now since it looks like WSOPFAN found someone's else parade to crap all over! :shakehead: I just can't believe I'm alive this morning in the absence of his self-proclaimed, ever helpful cut and pastes of the latest NHC updates and proclamations of BS spoken like the gospel. Run Forest, ruuuuuuun! :letsparty:

EDIT: Uh, never mind, he's back. :furious:

Sure looks like it will be much less severe......but it won't be nothing........the people who live there consider it to be almost nothing BUT what about the 895 tourists who are there? I seriously doubt all 895 stayed voluntarily.

BTW the airport closed last night.........

Now it looks like there was 1 flight yesterday to Houston........can you fit 895 people on one plane? NO Even if all of them wanted to leave they could not so in other words at least some of them are "CUT OFF" from leaving. There are at least 2 people who posted that they changed their plans......now that the storm has diminished do they regret it? I doubt it......Fortunately though those 9 flights on Fri and Sat will probably get in for those who still want to go.

1. Now cut off for 2-3 days means 900 people can't leave all at once in addition to the normal flights? Read Por Esto. They moved 500 to the mainland for safety.

2. Oh and Ultramar is planning on resuming ferries on Friday. But they might not be able to handle 900 people at once, so maybe they are CUT OFF too... :D

So again, NOW if the fights are completely back to normal on Friday, they are still considered CUT OFF IF some people have a little difficulty rebooking?

Leave the money at WW for El Jefe. I will be down in Dec to collect.....

at201118_5day.gif

Ah yes.....and for those of you who thought this discussion was bad we have the dreaded "loop around" storm. Discuss........

Ah yes.....and for those of you who thought this discussion was bad we have the dreaded "loop around" storm. Discuss........

OH MY G#$! It might RAIN in the tropics!!!!! If everyone wants to leave, they might be CUT OFF....

As a side note, I intend to collect enough that when I am done drinking on WSOFAN's tab, I will be CUT OFF. Hey the other day the doc told my friend he had to CUT OFF his broken leg. Turns out he only lost a little function in it for a period of time. :D

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom