What are some decent inexpensive places to stay in Bonaire for a short 6 day trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XS-NRG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone,

I'm planning a trip to the Southwest Caribbean on a family vacation and want to puddle jump over to Bonaire to meet friends from our LDS doing a big trip there the week before. Unfortunately there is overlap between the two so I can't enjoy both trips fully but still would like to get over to Bonaire for a ton of diving before my family shows up (there won't be much diving once that happens). I can't take advantage of my shops trip and package unless I pay for 8 nights at Buddy Dive but only actually use 6 of them. Where else could a single person stay in Bonaire for a reasonable amount? Who is familiar with the place? Close proximity to buddy dive would be preferable as I'm going to just pay for their 6 day Unlimited dive package including a few boats dives . Also I don't need a vehicle, just somewhere clean to rest at night in between non-stop diving :) Thanks everyone!

Hamlet Oasis has a studio for $725/775/wk. Accomodation Bonaire Apartments: Holiday Rentals, Diving Bonaire Vacation Home Zoom in on the bottom left picture on their website homepage - the dive boats off to the far left could even be Buddy's - it's hard to tell.

Coral Paradise is even closer - a studio there is also $775 apparently. IDK it at all except from comments made here. Diving Resort in Bonaire - Coral Paradise Bonaire. They mention having breakfast next door at Rumrunners - that's the restaurant at Habitat - Buddy's is next door to the south.

Neither is on the water which saves you quite a lot.

A lot cheaper is the Dive Hut in town Dive Hut Bonaire - not so convenient as it's on the north end of Kralendijk. If your friends with trucks were diving the south sites they'd pass it every time - it's one block off the main road thru town. 5mins drive if they picked you up for boat dives also. Not much over $60/nt. for the hotel rooms last I checked. IIRC breakfast is even included. drrich2 here on SB has stayed there.

Capture4.JPG Capture.JPG

There's also about a dozen or so cabs on Bonaire but no public transportation. Bonaire Taxi Services - Home

Last edited:
I can't take advantage of my shops trip and package unless I pay for 8 nights at Buddy Dive but only actually use 6 of them.

Dep. on the terms that may actually be cheaper than the alternatives: as I recall Buddy's "10 people in 5-bedroom suite" rates were hard to beat.

Sand Dollar is next door to Buddy and there's at least one place across the road... google google.. Bridanda apartments I think is the one I'm thinking of. (We stayed at Sand Dollar last spring, their rates are like Buddy's: good for dive packages, not so good as "just a place to sleep".)

It would be most convenient if you could stay with your LDS companions at Buddy's but I don't blame you for not wanting to pay for days and dives that you can't use. Perhaps your LDS can work out a deal with Buddy's to pro-rate the cost of the trip for you for the shorter time frame? It's worth asking about anyway.

Would you have to pay a single supplement at Buddy's? If yes, then you are probably better off looking for other accommodations. Good luck!

Thanks for the responses. KathyV I might be able to get a pro-rate. We're looking into that too. Trying to assess all options at this point in order to make the right decision. One thing I know for sure is I will be buying the dive package from Buddy as my group will be doing boat dives with them and I'll want to be on the same boat with them.

Back
Top Bottom