What about this dive light?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbalmr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I personally like and have both of these lights and they do a good job and are plenty bright. The dive right in scuba 1000 lumen light is pretty popular and has plenty of good review and might be something to look at.

DRIS Dive Gear 1000 Lumen Dive Light | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

I also have a Karik 1000b which i really like and its rechargeable and has proven itself to be just as reliable as the previous light and a little bit smaller.

A DRIS 1K shorty is hardly 'can light performance' with regard to burn time and consumables. I own the DRIS 1K and powered with 3C alkaline it makes an outstanding backup light. Using 3c NiMH rechargeables was unacceptable. But my home made can light found here on ScubaBoard for $200 with it's 4x 18650 LiIon battery pack is in another category.

The TrustFire TR-J1 found on eBay is a very nice rechargeable light with hi-med-low settings for use as a second backup and those times when you don't want 1000 lumens.

A DRIS 1K shorty is hardly 'can light performance' with regard to burn time and consumables. I own the DRIS 1K and powered with 3C alkaline it makes an outstanding backup light. Using 3c NiMH rechargeables was unacceptable. But my home made can light found here on ScubaBoard for $200 with it's 4x 18650 LiIon battery pack is in another category.

The TrustFire TR-J1 found on eBay is a very nice rechargeable light with hi-med-low settings for use as a second backup and those times when you don't want 1000 lumens.

Somebody needs to tell my dive buddies who discounted the 1 k light. We dove they lit theirs I lit mine. They stopped and looked at mine. They were all about questions when we got out. They had Dive rite can lights IIRC.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom