What about analyzers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stangguy327

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I would like to buy an analyzer and am trying to decide which kind to get. The analox one that is 100% self contained with no tubes seems nice and handy, and I have used them before, so that is what i am leaning towards.

My question is what is the benefit of the other kind of analyzers that require a hose, flow meter, and hard connections? Do the sensors last longer or what because they are def not as quick and handy to use.

Thanks for the input...:D

I have an oxycheq expedition, it has a rounded end on it similar to the one on the Analox. There is also a small tube on the side of the rounded end so I can attach the tubing and hook it up to the inflator hose connection and analyze it that way. The tubing gives you the option of analyxing the tank with the regulator already in place on the valve.

As for the flow meter, it's there so you can regulate the air flow and get a consistent reading. The flow is supposed to be within a certain range to ensure an accurate reading.
I have analyzed tanks with the tubing setup followed by using just the rounded end held against the valve with it cracked slightly open. The results have always been about the same.

I've also compared my analyzer to an analox one and have gotten similar readings.
My readings have also always been close to the shops analyzer using both the rounded end and the tubing setup.

I've used the Analox, and own the Oxycheq. They are both easy to use. The hose attachment is an option on the oxycheq, if you don't buy it you just use it by holding the rounded end against the tank valve just like the Analox.

I chose the Oxycheq based on the replacement cost of the oxygen sensors. The Analox does seem more heavily built and drop proof, but I just keep my Oxycheq in a small pelican box.

-Mitch

Back
Top Bottom