Whale Sharks Around Utila Yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And another encounter, our guests saw 3 whale sharks on Wednesday and got to swim with 2 of them. This is a nice video that one of my guests shot.

Nice video, but I had to go to Chrome to watch it. Safari won't allow it unless you specifically permit Facebook to track your activity there, and I won't be doing that.

In 2008, we chased them for 2 weeks during surface intervals, but never saw a single one.

In 2008, we chased them for 2 weeks during surface intervals, but never saw a single one.
We first visited in 2005 and swam with them 12 times on the first morning!! Ended up buying land and building a house. We've seen them dozens of times since but never as many times as that first day.

I had no idea whale sharks were a thing around Utila. When I was there for a month in 2004 I heard nothing about whale sharks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom