Whale Shark Rules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was recently reading the "marine park rules" for cozumel prior to a trip down there. I'm planning to snorkel with the whale sharks if they cooperate. I'm not entirely sure I've got the right site, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking at this: Marine Park Rules

Of note, I see this rule: The use of recording devices, microphones or any equipment that may produce noise that annoys the whale sharks is not permitted.

Does that ban include gopro or other cameras?

I was recently reading the "marine park rules" for cozumel prior to a trip down there. I'm planning to snorkel with the whale sharks if they cooperate. I'm not entirely sure I've got the right site, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking at this: Marine Park Rules

Of note, I see this rule: The use of recording devices, microphones or any equipment that may produce noise that annoys the whale sharks is not permitted.

Does that ban include gopro or other cameras?

It is no issue to bring a go pro in the water to take photos or videos. We do tell people who have those selfie sticks to keep them retracted. The use of drones in the whale shark area is not permitted without a permit. We start our tours on June 1. Plan and book with Blue H2o Cozumel. www.blueh2ocozumel.com/whalesharks

Back
Top Bottom