Whaa?! 59 degrees?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kixy1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just came off working a big storm.... 40+ hours of OT, which I made bearable by mentally purchasing a ticket to Coz with the extra cash, and making mental lists of restaurants I will visit. :D

Then I checked in with a friend and she said it was 59 degrees?! I know it's winter, but that just makes me shiver a bit thinking about the boat ride back.

Yes. It's been cloudy, windy, and a bit more cold than expected. Today we were bundled up on the ride back. Definitely bring a boat coat and maybe a hat just in case.

Water's about 80-82, and feeling cold since it's tough to warm up between dives.

Eileen

Thin blooded Folks in Coz. I was the same way when I lived in the keys. I know people that dive dry down there when it's colder than 80 in the water. Thank god Virginia has thickened my blood a bit.

we have a max min thermoter at the house on czm. low last night was 68 no where near 58

Augustus - I was hoping I misread her text, but after checking online all the weather sites are reporting a low yesterday of 57 degrees, with a few showing a low this morning of 54!

And yes, Tomfcrist 59 IS cold for the Caribbean! Call me what you want, but if I'm going to travel 12 hours for some sun and relaxation, I'd like it warmer than that.

Hopefully, the weather Goddess will hear my pleas and get her act together :wink:

i can only report what i see. after over 30 years on the island, watching the weather etc i have only see the temp drop into the 50 range once some 15 years ago. its cool for czm now but not what you are seeing. i believe one weather site forcasts fog now and then. the wonders of a computer vs someone taking the reading

I'm with Augustus - it hasn't gotten anywhere near the 50's this year - it's cool at night so I haven't need the AC in a month - but it's more like the high 60's - right now my weather station on my upstairs porch is reading 67

We did in fact hit some high 50's last year and the year before - but that was well after the sun went down and only for a night or two

I've only been here 14 years :wink:

Guess I will have to see about a thermometer. It's definitely cooler up here near the airport and out in the middle of the island than it is in town. But what could I know? My full-time on-island tenure is far shy of decades...

WeatherUngerground shows 6 weather sites in San Miguel, currently showing Hacienda Monte Cristo at 71.8F and the airport just south of there with 62.6F, which reported a low of 52F yesterday. You never know who to believe but those are their reports. I have my Favorites pegged on a station downtown near the water, but an inland station near the ruins is showing 76 now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom