Wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gnarlysb

Registered
Reaction score
my learned ever-helping friends at scubaboard -

is it ok to wear a shorty 3/2 this time in belize or is a full suit more comfortable?

thank you as ever

tim

I dive with just a skin. Winter months a shorty is a good idea for multiple dives.

No one can tell you.

It would be better to ask the water temp, but you would need the experience to know what to do next.

You are about to get many recomendations, but without knowing your dive schedule, your timing of repetetive dives, the conditions for your surface interval (Sunny beach or rocking liveaboard)... there really is no way of knowing "what thickness you'll need".

I dive in swim trunks, someimes a polar fleece. My wife always uses a full 3/5, sometiies a 5/7.

Take what you own, if you are a common size, rent what you might need. Until you gain logged dives comparing temperature, thermal protection and comfort....until then, no one can tell you what you'll need.

On average you'll be better off with a well fitting long 3mm. No need for the trunk to be thicker, and if arms & legs are a little thinner that's no problem. Emphasis on the fit - a suit that allows water to flow freely past neck, wrists or ankles is next to useless. Try lots on before you choose. If it's easy to get on in the shop it's too big. If you can't do the zip up it's too tight in the trunk and may not last long. But if you can get several fingers inside any of the seals they're too big. Many people benefit from having a suit purpose-made - doesn't cost a lot but does need to be planned well in advance.

Either would be fine, but if you tend to get cold use the full suit, the water is 79 degree.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom