wetsuit zipper cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divnmyk

Registered
Reaction score
The thriving metropolis of Oakdale, California
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been thinking about trying something and wanted to know if anyone else has already attempted it...

On my next dive, I plan on using rubber tape to cover my wetsuit zipper to minimize water exchange. The tape is used mostly by electricians. It has a little stretch to it, is rubber (not plastic), sticks well yet removes cleanly.

Anyone ever do this?
Thanks.

divnmyk:
On my next dive, I plan on using rubber tape to cover my wetsuit zipper to minimize water exchange.

Surely most of the water comes through the neck of the wetsuit rather than the zip ? or is it a semi dry with a decent neck seal?

The neck opening is the biggest offender for most divers in full suits. Try a hooded vest. That will shut off the neck opening and form a torturous path between you and your back zipper.

The actual zipper does not stretch so that's not an issue for tape. The zipper has relatively small surface area so reliable adhesion is iffy at best.

If your suit does not have a generous inside zipper flap that lays down snug to your back I'd concentrate on adding some material on the inside there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom