Wetsuit sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craine

Just some guy who likes being underwater
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a couple of question about sizing for the 3mm wetsuit, and looking for feedback from anyone who has one. I'm 190 lbs, 35" waist, 5" 11" tall, with a 44" chest, so I fit awkwardly somewhere between a Large and an XL. I'm wondering if I would be better off with a large and have it be tight in the chest but the right length, or whether I go with an XL that would be loose in the waist and a few inches too long but fits the chest well.

Does anyone else here who has the 3mm suit have any recommendations on sizing? Does the chart they have on the website run true? Want to get one ordered soon, so any experiences would be helpful. Thanks!

SIZE WEIGHT WAIST HEIGHT CHEST
LARGE 175-200 LBS 35-37" 5'11"-6"1" 40-42"
XL 185-215 LBS 37-39" 6"1"-6"3" 42-44"

You can always do an exchange if you think you need the alternative size. I would say you most fit the Large size at the moment.

he has to breathe mate what are you talking about

and who's interested in having his nuts in their suit

charts never seem to work out. try it on then buy you may have to do some traveling to get it done or just resign to getting a custom suit. For what i have seen the suit business is rigged to favor custom buys. height is good but the rest is not. You are either the runway model 3% body fat wearer or you are screwed. I have little problem with that to some extent because I wear shorty's with short sleves. Now the problem is only a crotch to chin and a chest measurement you have to find to match you instead of arm length , crotch to heal distance etc. If you do find a rack suit that fits then you will probably have to wear that brand forever or untill you put on a little buoyancy of your own and have to change brands. Or just go to a dry shell suit, but now its bucks that is the issue.

As others have said, try it on in a dive shop if possible. Sizing charts are notorious for not hitting on every one of a persons measurements. The wetsuit needs to be snug all over but not overly tight anywhere. If it is loose it won't insulate you well enough. If too tight, it can cut off circulation ir make it hard to breathe.

Sizing is not standardized in wetsuits. My Henderson is a 3XL. I'm 6' 1" and weight 255. Yesterday I went to a local quarry to dive and when I got there discovered I had left my 3mm at home and all I had was a?skin. My dive buddy, who is only slightly smaller than me, just happened to have 2 3mm Bares with him and let me borrow obe. It was an XL and fit me fine, being only slightly more snug than I was accustomed to. Point being, if all possible, try them on.

Choose wisely, Grasshopper.

@KWS and @GreggS, he would only be able to try it on at the warehouse in Georgia since he is asking specifically about the Deep 6 wetsuit. This is why they have a generous exchange policy for wetsuits.

Back
Top Bottom