wetsuit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kiki91

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All!
I'm a new diver with no experience. I'm currently undergoing training to become an Ocean Diver. However, I am supposed to have my wetsuit. So I went to my LDS and tried on 2 wetsuits, the Akona Wetsuit 3mm and the Akona Quantum Stretch Wetsuit 3mm. But as I was trying the Quantum Stretch on, I noticed that the wetsuit got a some creases. And when I removed it, the wetsuit creased up even more. However, it fit really well and the dive shop person told me the creases would go after I dive. So I bought it. But there are a lot of creases, the chest, the back, and on the legs as well.
I posted this on the Akona forum hoping to get the answers from the people who know more abt it. However, I would really really be grateful if some of you could help me as well. Did I make a complete idiot of myself by buying that wetsuit? Or do the creases really go away? Should I be exchanging it?
:idk:

does it fit well , a wet suit should be snug to prevent water moving in and out , when you say creases do the material seem to have thinned at he crease or is it just a cosmetic effect ,
can you put up a pic

yeah its quite snug, I mean its snug overall there are no extra folds at the back of the knee, groin or armpit, and its the seal at the end of the arms and legs make it tight. And I can still move around. I put on the suit and showed it to the person at the shop as well, and he said it fit me properly. So hopefully its good. Yeah, I just took some pics, had to take part by part since it wasn't showing that well in one full pic.
Well I don't really know how a cosmetic effect looks like . When I was looking up stuff on wetsuit creases and wrinkles I just found a lot of written stuff, not a lot of pictures. But my best explanation would be that it looks like how thin foam looks if u've folded it.

Attachments

• 30112009998.jpg
    30112009998.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 144
  • 301120091003.jpg
    301120091003.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 301120091004.jpg
    301120091004.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 117
creases happened:
1. after producing and then packing into the box or carton, it need to be folded on the back, knee back and armunder part etc. neoprene foam has its properties of enlongation and springback after long time(normally few days) compression on it. creases happened and it come to nature similar like original. If neoprene foam is not good, that will be bad englongation and springback.

2. material problem: creases normally does not happened after processing the suits etc. If the lamination between fabric and neoprene foam connected not well, you can see some creases but it is dangerous when you dress it to dive. Lamination bad will got leaking however you can not see the leaking part from surface.

About wetsuits storage:
suggesting hanging on some shadow place and let neoprene springback to natural style.

if you fit that suit well, no leaking, no bad thing happened. just let it go. You have brought it...:D

From what I can see in the photos, those creases are a normal occurrence.

Welcome to the Underwater World!

Thats fine then. Thanks a lot for helping me u guys:D!!!

would agree the creases dont look too bad . have fun diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom