wetsuit pad repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FL_Chad

Contributor
Reaction score
The rubber pads that are on the knees and elbows are peeling away from the neoprene on my wife's wetsuit. I know they sell wetsuit cement. Has anyone had this happen and repaired it? Did it fix it long term or short term and they started peeling again? any info is appreciated....

FL_Chad:
The rubber pads that are on the knees and elbows are peeling away from the neoprene on my wife's wetsuit. I know they sell wetsuit cement. Has anyone had this happen and repaired it? Did it fix it long term or short term and they started peeling again? any info is appreciated....
I haven't had any direct experience with wetsuit pad repair, but I do know that wetsuit cement -- or stuff like Goop, which seems very similar -- is incredibly strong, flexible, and tough -- even when flexed. If it was me, I'd definitely try that first; you wouldn't be risking anything. It may not be pretty (the stuff always seems to ooze out too far); but that's not the point, is it? :D

--Marek

Back
Top Bottom