Wetsuit Jackets for Men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex_Garland

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I am in the market for a new long-sleeve dive jacket. (I detest wetsuits and avoid them as much as possible.) I dive primarily in warm weather locations such as the Caribbean, but even those places can get a bit chilly at certain times of year, especially on night dives.

So far, these three options look the most promising:

https://www.scuba.com/p-shsclszmmd/...0em2q7IyMKFBLf1n5V4aAhBwEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds (I just returned from a live-aboard in Belize. My dive buddy wore a Sharkskin brand jacket, which he said was warm but a bit tight in the shoulders.)

Does anyone have other thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!

I love my Titanium 2 Sharkskin pieces (I use top, bottom, socks, and hood) and that's my main exposure in warm climates (plus tech shorts, for the pockets). Sometimes on a dive where I'm not moving around, I might add in a Sharkskin vest as well.

The fits are tighter than surface wear, but I don't know how else they could provide thermal comfort? I find them sufficiently stretchy, at least the T2 range (not sure if the original is the same) and I wear my normal sizes.

I configured my own

364 26232328_1795887217119559_5507116560859510058_oa.jpg

I love my Titanium 2 Sharkskin pieces (I use top, bottom, socks, and hood) and that's my main exposure in warm climates (plus tech shorts, for the pockets). Sometimes on a dive where I'm not moving around, I might add in a Sharkskin vest as well.

The fits are tighter than surface wear, but I don't know how else they could provide thermal comfort? I find them sufficiently stretchy, at least the T2 range (not sure if the original is the same) and I wear my normal sizes.

Looks like a great option, thank you!

I just picked up a sharkskin T2 set as well but have yet to try them in water. Coz in August!

A little cautionary tale on sizing... Referencing the size chart, I ordered a small pant. That was laughable getting on (I couldn't). Then ordered a medium but they hang considerably and just feel too constricting. I'm waiting on a large now, but am afraid it'll be too big and am probably between sizes. I know they're supposed to be tight, but shouldn't feel over constrictive.

@xan, whats your thoughts on the multi piece vs a fullsuit for the T2?

I use the Neosport 3mm which I think is the second link in your post. Works well and I use them until they are threadbare.
If you are looking for more options try checking kayak/rafting gear. I bought some pants in 3mm that have worked well.

@xan, whats your thoughts on the multi piece vs a fullsuit for the T2?

I only have the two-piece as it made more sense for me, since I could size the top and bottoms independently; it felt more flexible overall anyway as an option to only use "half". I don't have an issue with separation between the two pieces: pants on the waist, jacket over, tech shorts over the jacket lower, the BPW crotch strap holds it all together. That works for me when diving wet and I wouldn't change it (maybe a great deal on a full suit would sway me?), but if your setup is different and separation is a concern, of course go for the full (i.e., for col water drysuit diving I use one-piece undergarments since I can't risk/deal with the two pieces separating.)

Hope the T2 works well for you in Coz!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom