Wetsuit Hanger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lommnb

Reaction score
Quick question for the pros. I have a 7mm wetsuit and have been using several plastic hangers to hang it. Now that my diving season is almost done here and the wetsuit will be hanging for the winter months I am lookign for the "ideal" hanger.

What does everyone suggest?

Is hanging it in my basement for the winter ok too?

Thanks

I cut pool noodles and shove them on a wooden hanger!!

If your looking to buy fancy hangers here you go. Exposure suit hanger $21.99 at Leisure pro.
AQUESH5.jpg

Boots, gloves, hood hanger $9.95
uktsah.jpg

Electric hanger for $34.99
AQUUH.jpg

and the three hanger package for $19.95
PCKDAH.JPG

I could see the expensive electric driers cutting down on drying time and helping eliminate donning a wet and cold suit on the next days dive. Since they dry the suit quicker it may even cut down on some of the odor if you can get to an electrical source such as a hotel or a generator to plug the hanger into.

Your wetsuit should be rinsed and hung inside out. I use a small fan to speed up the drying process. The side of your suit that goes against your skin dries fairly quickly if you leave it inside out, and the inside is the only side that really needs to be totally dry!!

These are all hangers for drying.

Based on the question asked, once the suit is dry, aren't you supposed to fold it up instead of let it hang? I'm assuming this is for stretching? :idk:

I'm not an expert at all but I do remember reading somewhere that wetsuits arent supposed to stay on the hanger. Maybe thats for thinner 3m or skins and not a thicker 7m.

...I'm not an expert at all but I do remember reading somewhere that wetsuits arent supposed to stay on the hanger. ...

That old adage applied to normal narrow hangers, not wide bodied hangers designed for wetsuits. It is all a matter of stress distribution. Spread the weight of the suit over a greater area and the weight per unit area goes down to acceptable levels. Before wetsuit specific commercial hangers became available in the early 1980s commercial divers would make them out of wood and hang much heavier suits than recreational divers use with no ill effects. All my suits have been on wide hangers since the late 1960s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom