Wetsuit for Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been diving Cozumel for over 15 years. I dive at least 35 dives each trip. Always use a 3/2 full suit every where in Caribbean. Once my core gets cold hard to warm up. Besides protects me like a rash guard. I take a lot of pics.

If you had a thermometer, what empirical temperature of your skin do you think "too warm" would be?
That's a fair question. I just don't know. But I think the problem isn't so much skin temperature as much as how quickly I'm generating heat and how quickly it can be conducted away from me. If the latter is just slightly lower than the former... overheating.

I do know that when I tried wearing a 3/2 full suit in 85 degree water, I felt too warm and needed to cool off. On the other hand, wearing a 3/2 in 80 degree water for a few hours would leave me mildly hypothermic. It's a fine line.

I do know that when I tried wearing a 3/2 full suit in 85 degree water, I felt too warm and needed to cool off. On the other hand, wearing a 3/2 in 80 degree water for a few hours would leave me mildly hypothermic. It's a fine line.
Now that is sensitive. Maybe you need a beanie in the cooler water.

I just finished five days of diving here in Cozumel and my computer read mostly 83 degrees but ranged up to 85 degrees on occasion. I wore a 1 mil full suit and was fine on all dives. As you can tell by this thread there is a wide individual tolerance to temperature.
Enjoy your trip and safe diving,

If doing two-tank morning dives in summer? A long sleeved rash guard, 1mm tech shorts or board shorts and 2mm booties or Altama shoes with lycra socks (no insulation). You're going to be just fine in a 3mm though. Have fun!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom