Wetsuit Buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone have a feel for the variation in buoyancy you can expect from different brands of 7mm wetsuits? My Bodyglove 7mm keeps me very warm, even into the low 50's, but I just don't like lugging around 24 lbs of weight to keep it down. And it's a bear to put on.

mccabejc:
Anyone have a feel for the variation in buoyancy you can expect from different brands of 7mm wetsuits? My Bodyglove 7mm keeps me very warm, even into the low 50's, but I just don't like lugging around 24 lbs of weight to keep it down. And it's a bear to put on.

I hear you on thick wet suits but there really is no way around the bouyancy / weighting issue. The other thing, it may take awhile to break in a new wet suit.

I sometimes wear a lycra suit under a 3mm farmer john and shorty...this works comfortably up to a point...and then I go to my 7/6/5 Xcel.

Then again...for colder water diving, a dry suit may be the way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom