Wetherell dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Did fort wetherell today. We entered at the site all the way down the road. Max depth was 81 feet. Vis at 15-20 was pretty good around 10 feet as we decended it rapidly went to inches. Water temp at depth was 59 degrees.

So the vis at 81FSW NG?

Newport should be good tomorrow. NNE 8mph winds. I'm going to Kings Beach again, the water is still to cold for me to do the hour and half it takes to dive Green Bridge. I may talk myself into taking the yak and maybe do Gooseberry the enchanted island!

The Newport station report 58.8F!! I can't remember the ocean around here being this cold this time of year.

Thanks for post. Where did you park and enter? Were you parked in the "scuba" parking area and did you enter down the small path to the cove on the east side which is called West Cove on maps, not the cove with the boat ramp?

And at what time and was it busy?

I parked all the way down. Drive past the boat ramp parking till literally the road ends. I got there at 145. It was very busy parking was tight.

The cove your thinking about is what we call the goat trail. We went in further down at the above mentioned parking lot.

Thanks.

There is Sandy Bottom Cove (boat ramp) then as @tkaelin posted West's Cove is to the east (West was a solider I think) that has the "goat trail". Standing at the top of the "goat trail" looking across West's Cove there is FTW Point that has a goat trail also with nice round smooth rocks at the bottom ankle breakers as I call them. It is a nice dive and if you go all the way around you can come out at the fishing wharf. Standing on the fishing wharf looking to the North there is Bull Point and beyond that the house on the Dumplings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom