Wet suit size depression.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Humpinit

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
This is more of a feeling sorry for myself rant than anything else. LOL.
I recently purchased a xxl shorty and its too damn tight.. I am 5'9" 210. I am way over weight right now. I normally hover around 200. Even when I was in the best shape of my life I was 185 and ripped. Stocky muscular guy. Anyone else sad about how you have let yourself get to? When I was surfing many years ago I used a xl and it fit perfectly.

Im sad, but because I'm a 160lb 6ft guy who cant find a used drysuit thats not xx or xxxx...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My story is just the opposite. I was always a tall skinny guy, weighing in a a grand total of 127 pounds and standing 6'0" tall. finding any suit that would fit was a complete nightmare and I finally had to give up and have one custom made.

Now that I am older and have let myself go to hell, I am still tall but now weigh in at 158 pounds and a stock suit fits much better. Not feeling sorry for myself at all. This is the one good thing about my advancing in both age and weight.

I have a custom 6 mm in my closet back from when I dove in cold water. I'm afraid to try it on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom