Wet Suit info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fearnosurf

Registered
Reaction score
What are the Pro's & Con's to buying a cheapo Body Glove (or equal) Wet Suit or one from say, ScubaPro, etc...

I don't get cold easily, but I think I need something for our upcoming trip. My wife is getting a full suit from teh LDS but I'm not sure I need to spend anotehr $100 on myself vs $28 on a cheapo shorty.

Not much.. the neoprene may be slightly more compressible but it's not a big deal. As long as it fits well and is thick enough you're golden.

I have a Body Glove shorty that I bought at Sam's Club for $30. It does the job just fine. Its for warm water diving so a little extra compression shouldn't make you too cold.

I also own a 5 mil Harveys (full suit), a Bare 3 mil (full), and a Bare drysuit. Its all about having the right tool for the job.

fearnosurf:
What are the Pro's & Con's to buying a cheapo Body Glove (or equal) Wet Suit or one from say, ScubaPro, etc...

I don't get cold easily, but I think I need something for our upcoming trip. My wife is getting a full suit from teh LDS but I'm not sure I need to spend anotehr $100 on myself vs $28 on a cheapo shorty.

I got one (bodyglove 3/2 Crush fullsuit) as my first suit for skindiving and it's holding upfine. Just enough to keep the sun off and provide a bit of protection. It will never see SCUBA here at home but may get to travel.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom